John Nugent's

John Nugent's

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Why I'm Here

So, I explained in my previous post why I titled this Blog what I did, now I am going to explain why I created it in the first place.

I am currently studying in the College of Business at Southeastern Louisiana University. I am pursuing two degrees: Management and Accounting. My first few semesters in college were a waste (as hinted at in the first post). I would also consider the majority of my high school a waste as well. No doubt, I was a good student on paper, but I cruised through the four years with minimal effort. Some people may wish they could have done the same, but I look back and see a wasted wad of potential. All of the material was retained until exam time, then thrown away like a dirty pair of underwear. It wasn't until recently that I realized the true value of not only formal school education, but the world of knowledge outside the classroom. The articles, forums, and especially blogs available on the internet offer so much information it can often be overwhelming. This plethora of enlightenment was my main motivation for creating a blog.

I am here to present ideas and topics that I encounter through my studies which I find intriguing, and hope the readers will as well. I wish to invoke educated conversation, primarily by simply asking for opinions. I hope to touch on topics such as politics, business, economics, news, and probably more often than I should - mainstream gossip and sports.

My main intention for this blog is for me to learn more from other people. I am a quiet person, a listener. Therefore, I do not consider someone "smart" by what they say they know, rather by the desire to learn more. The ability to listen will not only make me a better husband/father/son/friend/person, it is what I consider a critical part of being "All Grown Up."

No comments:

Post a Comment